Saturday, May 3, 2008

Choosing to be HOMELESS... YES, it is a choice.

Richard and Cosmo.
I met Richard and Cosmo as I was picking up trash in the gutter out in front of my apartment. He seemed to be a gentleman. He said "let me get that for you."
We began to talk. He told me his story. He was homeless and he earned money going thru garbage dumpsters, recycling metal and picking up cans and bottles.
He said he needed a place to sleep for the night. He had been picked up for vagancy and thrown in jail for trespassing. He explained to me how hard it was to find a place to sleep at night.
I offered to let me sleep in my back porch for a few days until he got his "act together" so he could continue on his journey. He said he was going to Alaska to take a job in a cannery. We talked about "the SECRET" and he began to understand what the secret was. But after offering him a job as my Oregon Representative for Cosmo's BisCut Mix and getting a bunch of excuses about WHY he could not travel around Oregon.... he slammed the phone down and hung up. So, will he call me back.???? I doubt it.

No comments: